Saturday, May 21, 2011

And the rain came ...

05/21/2011

Yesterday was not the eve of the end of the World, it was... "Bike To Work Day".

Unfortunately it was not the best of days to ride to work. It started with a very Humid ride in to work under ominous clouds which kept many from enjoying the day on their bikes. But the ride in was rain free and then the rain came after most had safely ridden their bike to work.

It cleared out as fast as it rolled in and for most it meant a dry ride home. As I said, for most. I waited a little too long and the afternoon rain caught me by surprise as I headed out at 5pm. So it ended up being a very wet ride home but not terrible. Again, any day on the bike is a good day.

I will strike a deal with cars - when it is raining out, I will ride slowly on the sidewalk rather than in the street if you do not drive right next to the curb and splash water all over me. Deal?

Really though, it is something to watch for both cyclists and pedestrians. That flood water on the side of the road gets bad.

Overall the week was good with rides to work 4 of the 5 days.

Have a great W/E.

No comments:

Post a Comment