Saturday, September 15, 2012

A road race completed at last!

09/15/2012

I finally completed my first road race! It was very different than the crit racing but still had it's own excitement. I got very lucky as a crash happened up ahead and I was able to veer left, bounce off some guys on the right and left, lose one clip, but still stay up and continue on. About ten of the guys were not that lucky.
 Then on the sprint in to the finish my front tire rubbed the wheel ahead but I stayed upright. At that point I decided not to go all crazy and just tried to hang in there. Did not place but it was a good day as I made it to the finish. Three of our Crest / RBM team took top 10 (61miles at a 23.4mph pace - was nice and much cooler than usual due to recent rain).

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment