Monday, February 13, 2012

Some cities really have a jump on the cycling thing...

02/13/2012

A visit to Austin, TX lets a cyclist know it is possible for cars and bicycles to co-exist. As so many other cities ranked in the "top biking" locations alreay know, if you work at it, you can make it happen. In Austine I saw cyclists everywhere. Why is that? Well, there were bikelanes, sharrows, bike paths, bike racks, and on and on with awareness for cyclists being around you everywhere. I am getting excited to see the start of this here in Allen with the sharrow paintings starting to appear in our city. Way to go Allen for moving forward wth this!

Paul

1 comment:

  1. I do a lot of travel for work, and always take a folding bike along. Austin is by far one of my favourite places to have a meeting...or is it my favourite place to ride to the meeting...

    ReplyDelete